Thursday, January 11, 2018

Nestlé can choose chocolate area buyer in the USA

Milan/London/New York – Nestle plans to choose a buyer for your chocolate Division in the United States by the end of this week, three sources close to the matter said Wednesday, in an operation that can exceed 2.5 billion dollars.
Italy's Ferrero is in front of the process, according to several other sources, who claim that the manufacturer of the hazelnut paste Nutella has an interest in the business to expand your presence in the US market, after the shopping last year for groups Ferrara and Fannie May.
A source said that Ferrero raised your bid last week in an attempt to overcome the U.S. rival Hershey.
"(Chief Executive) Giovanni Ferrero is really committed to the deal and that's why the Group has improved your offer to something in the area of 2.5 billion dollars," the source said.
Nestlé and Ferrero not commented on the subject and representatives of Hershey could not be contacted immediately.
If successful, the offer will make Ferrero the third largest manufacturer of sweets of the United States after Mars and Hershey, according to the market research firm Euromonitor.
Nestle said last June that it was seeking strategic options for the Division, which includes brands of chocolate bars as Butterfinger and Baby Ruth. The Division had revenue of $900 million in 2016. Nestle will keep the rest of its global chocolate business, which includes brands such as Kit Kat.
Exame - 10/01/2018
Related products
News Item translated automatically
Click HERE to see original
Other news
DATAMARK LTDA. © Copyright 1998-2018 ®All rights reserved.Av. Brig. Faria Lima,1993 third floor 01452-001 São Paulo/SP